Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Due Date

For the past five years I've wanted to do a "due date" post but somehow I always forgot! I got the idea from all my fellow bloggers who always remembered to do a due date post, but for some reason it just doesn't hold much meaning to me, which is why I think I always forget. The minute they told us we were having triplets the "due date" became meaningless me. Even if your body could hold out to 40 weeks there is no doctor out there that would be crazy enough to let you. Most doctors will not let you go past 37 weeks with triplets. And if you have identical triplets who share a placenta, most would not let you go past 35 weeks (some 36 weeks). So I knew there was no possible way I'd ever deliver around my "due date." At about 32-ish weeks my doc scheduled my c-sec for 36 weeks and 2 days and even then I thought there was no way in Hades that was happening (but it was mostly because I was so uncomfortable, I'm pretty sure there would have been some begging to deliver sooner had I not gone into labor at 34 weeks). Developmentally at their due date my boys were not acting like newborns, they already had the skills of the 1.5 month olds that they were (preemies catch up fast than you think!). I only realized this because someone else pointed it out to me, because really, what did I know about newborns as a first time mom. So you can see that even their adjusted age is not a great measure for what your preeimie should be doing.

There is however one significant thing that I started to notice each year around the boys November 10th due date. So every summer I used to put away the boys winter/fall clothes and all summer long they pretty much wore shorts. Then in the fall I'd bring out their clothes to see what still fit. As I suspected most things would still fit. But then come November their pants were now capri's! This happened two years in a row until I caught on that the boys always have a growth spurt around their due date. I measured the boys a couple days ago and sure enough all were half an inch taller then they were at their 5 year check up 6 weeks ago! I learned not to save their pants for the following year and now we just jump into the next size up since they'll only be too big for a month or so : )

I'm pretty sure this is the only "due date" post I'll ever do. I'm done feeling guilty for always forgetting it. It's not worth the effort trying to remember it every year, although really this is the first year I've remembered in time to blog about it, ha!
On November 10th 2010 their official due date (they were 6 weeks old).
I mean really, what newborn can already karate chop!?
I found a couple more pics that I thought would be a sweet flashback to post!
Eli and me!

1 comment:

nan cee said...

Interesting post! They were so tiny back then but they are no longer babies, they are BOYS!
Love you,
A.Nancy