Sunday, October 20, 2019

NINE!

CET are N.I.N.E. years old!!!
Obligatory couch photo : )
They can do tricks!
What To Expect When You're Having Nine Year Olds

I took the kids to their 9 year well check and they're as healthy as race horses and probably just as fast, haha! Caleb weighed in at 54.7 lbs and 49.85 inches tall. Eli was 53.1 lbs and 49.5 inches tall. And last but not least Thomas was 54.7 lbs and 49.65 inches tall. Our fall birthday is so convenient because we don't have to come back for our flu shots. The boys have always been champs at getting their vaccines. I believe the last time they cried from a shot they were 2 years old! 

As we were leaving the office the nurse walks over to me and hands me a paper and it's one of those developmental checklists or what to expect lists for 9 years old...Wait what?! I seriously haven't seen one of those since the boys were infants! After getting over the fact this actually existed I decided to read through it. To my surprise it describes them to a T! I'll share a few of them, so you as well know what to expect when your kido(s) turns 9, ha!

-Favors active, highly-charged  games and sports....boy do they ever, they've recently become obsessed, very obsessed with tackle football, oy!

-Wants to excel in sports and recreational skills...for sure! They loooove sports and competition. And they are also really into working out and you'll see them frequently doing pull ups, push ups and lifting dumbbells. They are such dudes and just like their dad!

-Has greater small muscle coordination and better dexterity...you wouldn't know this by their terrible handwriting, haha! But I gotta say they can give a great neck & shoulder massage (I pay them in cookies, teehee!).

-Becomes more interested in clothing and appearance...yup, I have very little say on what they wear these days : ( Thank goodness for vacations when I do the packing therefore I do the picking, hehe : )

-Laughs at bathroom humor...they excel at this one!

-Tends to be critical of self...Caleb is showing signs of this when he's having trouble with homework. I was really getting worried about him but glad to know it's normal. The other two boys are less than humble when it comes to admitting they can't do something, ha!

-Wants to talk, dress, and act just like friends...oh yes more than ever, and sadly their friends (plus 90% of the boys at school) all dress in athletic wear, ugh, so tacky and over done! Lets not get too comfortable people, what's next pajamas! Sorry not a fan of the look.

-Is involved in informal clubs and small groups of the same sex...Check! Since the school year started the boys have been talking about their recess "football team" and they even made themselves buttons to wear that say 'football,' ha!

-Starts to just sit and talk with friends...I think multiples start this one way sooner because they've been doing this with their brothers for years now. 

-Uses reference books with increasing skill...to my surprise one of the boys told me last week that they used a dictionary at school. 

-Gets immersed in a hobby or project, then drops it for another...Oh yeah!

-May be a perfectionist...by their frequent freak outs, I'd say yes. 

-Generally follows instructions...I guess when they want to yes. 

-Is highly concerned about fairness...Another one that multiples are advanced in. I'd say this one started for us the day they were born, ha!

Caleb
These remind me of a video game : )
Eli
Thomas

No comments: