Sunday, December 20, 2020

Personalities 10.0 (10 Years Old!)

It's a long one, gotta make up for my lack of posts in the last few months, ha!
 

CET turned 10 years old!

Obligatory couch photo

It's been a little while since the boys turned 10 (end of September). A whole lot of nothing has happened since then, haha! Well maybe a whole lot of boredom. Ok I'm exaggerating a bit...Since my last post we've had a couple of small adventures that included a 3-day vacation to the coast and a dangerously crowded trip to a corn maze (fully regret! thankfully nobody got the 'rona). Yup that's all. A few weeks ago our COVID numbers were getting too high and some new stay-at-home orders were put in place for our county. The funny or sad thing about it is that as I read the list of restrictions I thought to my self, well that doesn't change anything AT ALL! Like we seriously are living as carefully as possible (except for the corn maze, ha!). 

    So the school year started and we quickly found out that there was no way we could keep up with the boys assignments (on average they completed 30 out of 150 when we checked in with the teacher mid November). I barely have time to cook dinner every night let alone hand-hold three boys through all of the assignments they were getting. After some thought and sacrifice ($$$) we were able to hire our friends 16 year old son to tutor the boys. He comes three days a week and helps them with their assignments and when the weather allows he takes them to the park for some fun. I gotta say it's been magical to have him as their tutor. This has been so good for the boys mental health. They really look up to him and get very excited on the days he comes over. I mean the poor things are home 24/7 with no other human contact besides their lame parents. So another human coming to the house has been VERY good for them and of course for their school work as well. But seriously though can we all just stop pretending that kids are learning anything from online school? I mean unless they have a fully invested and present adult to keep them on track every hour if not minute of the day it's next to impossible at this age. I just hope their book knowledge is at a plateau and not in a decline until they can get back to real school. Someday...

At the coast in October, we love flannel!

Fresh haircuts!

So I was flipping through the blog and noticed I never posted the boys' 3rd grade pictures from last year. Since the kids are doing online school this year I did my own at home school pictures. Below you can see how good my in-door photography skills are, haha!

PERSONALITIES 10.0

Caleb 3rd Grade


Caleb 4th Grade
Caleb is my snuggly boy and stands out from his brothers so much more. He's laid back and likes to take the easy way when possible. Caleb is always excited to know what I'm making for dinner, he loves to eat! He is the biggest fan of my cooking and tells me I make delicious food. But every now and then I make something not so good and he'll be very vocal about it, ha! He loves to chat and says some very silly things, I wrote some down:

We were talking about how un-snuggable Thomas is (more on that later) and Caleb, gold star snuggler, says as if giving advice to his brother "you have to act squishy."

His aunt sent him and his brother some masks in the mail and Caleb barely looking up from his video game says, "Oh good now I can go to the gym."

"Why is it that when people are gonna die they tells their secrets?"

Looking down at his chest he says, "I have blended chichis (nipples)."

"I saw an alfredo papi, you know an alfredo." Dad replies, "do you mean an Alpha Romero?" "Yes papi."

At his 10 year check up Caleb weighed in at 65.7 lbs and stands 52.2 inches tall. I was surprised to find out he jumped from the 10th percentile to the 16th percentile. Looks like he's on track to be 5'7" just like his dad. 

Eli 3rd Grade

Eli 4th Grade
Eli is quick witted and always a loud voice in this house. Always bargaining or trying to make me compromise. We call him "mom" sometimes because well he seems to think he's the mom. He calls out his brothers for breaking the rules and talks to me about what should and shouldn't be a rule. Eli has been pretty sweet lately, making sure he says thank you when I do nice things for him (all three have not had a good track record of this). Eli has lots of emotions lately usually over dumb stuff like video games or not being able to find his tablet to play video games. Recently he said something that made us all laugh, he asked if we could watch "The Golden Garry's." He mixed The Golden Girls and The Goldberg's but he meant the latter, ha! He was a pretty good sport and laughed about it himself. At his 10 year check up Eli weighed in at 60.4 lbs and 51.2 inches tall, he also jumped a few percentile points. From the 4th percentile to the 8th percentile. He's a light weight but I think he'll grow up to be pretty close to 5'7" as well. 

Thomas 3rd Grade

Thomas 4th Grade
Thomas is a boy of few words that listens to his mom like a good boy should. I don't have to negotiate, beg or plead to get him to do what I ask of him like I do with his brothers. He doesn't crave attention like Caleb and Eli do. I try to snuggle him at times and the boy just doesn't tolerate it for more than a minute. Thomas is smart and loves to be around his family. At his check up he weighed in at 63.4 lbs and stood 51.6 inches tall. He went from the 6th percentile to the 11th percentile. Right in-between his two brothers. He's also on track to reach dad's height, all three will tower over me, ha!

The boys as a group are becoming more independent. The latest thing they are doing is cooking for themselves. They make eggs, quesadillas, and grilled cheese sandwiches. It's a big weight off our shoulders just to tell them to go make something when they complain that they're hungry. It's pretty cool to see them need you less and less. 

No comments: