Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cheese Hands

Caleb talking to Mr Octopus on the baby einstein


The boys being really bad for dad while mom takes a nap


On our way out to Costco


Lets just say bath time is not a priority in this house. It's recommended babies be bathed once a week but not more than twice since they have sensitive skin. These guys are lucky if they get a bath every two weeks! I've found out that the stinkiest part of a baby is not in their diapers but their hands. Their hands are always clenched and a little moist, perfect conditions to create a finely aged cheese smell. I try picking out the lint and wiping them with a baby wipe but that just takes the edge off and doesn't last very long. What they need is a good lather every three days but who has time for that.

So we made a trip to Costco with the boys this weekend just so I could get out of the house and enjoy a delicious hotdog. I pushed Caleb and Eli in the double stroller and Phil carried Thomas in a carrier. I wish I had counted the times I heard "TRIPLETS!!" I figured if they weren't in their triplet stroller maybe people wouldn't noticed as much but I was wrong. The matching hats probably didn't help either. I feel like a celebrity without the fame and fortune.

Thomas slept the entire time but Caleb and Eli had a great view from their stroller so they stayed up the entire time allowing themselves to become over stimulated. Caleb and Eli lost it as I waited for Phil to get our hotdogs. Caleb was ok as long as I kept moving so I went outside and pushed the stroller in circles. Eli was not having it so he had to be held. So there I was pushing the stroller with one hand while I held Eli in the other. I don't think we are ready for Costco.

8 comments:

nan cee said...

You are very brave taking the boys to Costco! It must be a real chore and takes lots of effort getting them ready and into the van! I can't even imagine but I know you are doing everything right and in time things should get easier. Always lean on Jehovah for strength and endurance. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Give the boys each a little hug & kiss from their GREAT Aunt Nancy.
My love to you all,
A.Nancy

Myra 米兰 said...

Cheese Hands is true!! Good post! Yes, you are a brave Mom and Dad to be sure. And I thought I was brave when I took Elliot to a movie last weekend.

Tati said...

aww they are cute even when they are crying :) I say this, of course, because i can't actually hear them crying...

Jonalyn said...

So you think you need one more adult with you when you go shopping? You must have all been exhausted by the end of your outing. :) Cute pictures of mad babies!

Caitydid said...

The video is so cute. I can't stop watching it.

Mama Sue said...

We love, love, love the new blog entry. Like Catydid, I can't hardly stop watching the video. All the pics are too cute. I can also relate to the cheesy hands---brings back memories. --------Mama Sue

Aracely said...

OMGEE! I love the videos..not long enough I want to see more!...cant wait to come down and get my fix at the end of Feb..finally meet my little nephews in person! Arrive Wed Feb 23rd(evening)...leave Sunday (afternoon)...Let me know if this conflicts with anyone else's visit...:)

Mama Sue said...

I hope we get to see Aracely do a triple hold!