Friday, February 18, 2011
Top 10 Reactions
Deys brodders and dey wuvs eachodders (this was not staged)
After a quick shower with pa. Ok I'll admit it, I don't know if this is Eli or Caleb
Phil and I have eaten dinner on the kitchen floor like this several times because it's the only way the boys let us eat in peace.
At a local hipster coffee shop pretending to be normal, thankfully hipsters are too cool to stare and ask questions
Quick update, took the boys in for their 4 month check up and shots. I'm not sure if the shots are more traumatic for them or me. Anyways the boys all weigh about 12 pounds which means they've almost tripled their birth weights! They have not made the charts yet had they been full term on their birth date but I think by their 6 month check up they will at least be in the 10th percentile (age adjusted they are about in the 50-60 percentile). The boys want you to know they are working hard to catch up to their full term counterparts!
Those darn things people say...
Top 10 reactions
1. Was it a surprise?
3. Twins!...pause (count)...oh triplets!
4. Twins!...never notice a third baby
5. Oh God bless your souls!
6. You must have your hands full
7. blank stare...wow (under their breath)
8. Do you get much sleep?
9. staring, sometimes followed by lots of staring and then maybe..."one two three" (you see their mouths counting but no sound comes out)
10. the double take, they look once and quickly look again
Comments that annoy me
1. Are you gonna have any more?- What?! Don't you think 3 is enough?
2. You're not having anymore are you?- Are you implying we shouldn't...maybe I want more kids...ugh....that's none of your business!
3. So glad it's not me, I'd go crazy (or any variation implying this) -I HATE this one the most. Ok it just plain old hurts my feelings and shame on you for thinking it! First of all, any decent person would not go crazy and would love their children in any form they came in. Second of all, if this is true, THANK God you didn't have them and I did!
4. Do the boys have different personalities? -THEY ARE IDENTICAL...their personalities are and will be very similar. Their differences are very subtle.
5. You better be careful or you might end up with 6!-hahaha (sarcastic laugh), very unlikely. Actually my chances of conceiving identical triplets are the same as yours, so maybe YOU should be careful!
6. Were they natural or did you do IVF?-There is no drug/treatment in the world that makes identical babies so our chances were the same either way. They came from one very magical egg and sperm. In fact no body really knows why this happens.
And I haven't even been out much! Maybe I'll have a whole new set to write about after this summer when we can get out more.
Window into my mind:
one baby crying: oooh let me comfort my sweet baby!
two babies crying: crap!
three babies crying: Houston we have a problem!
Posted by Janet Pittsenbarger