Friday, September 3, 2010

Additional Ramblings



The sea was angry that day my friends...this was the best I could do for now. They do this and more all day long with out me agitating them, but as soon as I put the camera on them it's like the calm before the storm. It's so funny how they actually respond to me, it's like they have minds of their own!

I forgot to mention that at my 29 week u/s I asked the tech if you can see hair on the ultrasound. She looked at baby B and couldn't see anything, then baby C and nothing again. She had to go back and do baby A since she couldn't get a good head measurement before and she yelled out "air...air!" I had forgot I'd even asked her when we realized she was saying "hair," she has a foreign accent. It looked like little needles coming out of the outline of his head. We all know what this means right? Bath time baby mohawks!

So hopefully I don't sound like a spoiled child although I kind of feel like one after all those baby showers. Call us crazy but we've registered for diaper service. Yes we are going to cloth diaper the triplets. I estimated each cloth diaper at about 8cents a piece while a disposable is about 16cents a piece during a good sale. Also can you imagine the amount of trash three babies can generate. At 10 diapers per baby per day that equals 210 diapers a week! So if anyone is compelled to donate it would be very much appreciated : )

Tidee Didee Diapers

JP

10 comments:

nan cee said...

Looks like you are having fun playing with the little guys! Hope you can continue holding on for a at least a couple more weeks!
Love to you all,
A. Nancy

Sara said...

Thank you for the first glimpse of the little guys playing! I cannot even imagine how it must feel with 6 hands, arms, legs, and feet! I am still in awe of what you are experiencing! At this point your carrying those babies is hero work, we are cheering you on and feeling for you...Rachel saw your tummy and said, "wow that must be so heavy!"

Jonalyn said...

That was SO cool to watch! Must be weird to feel. :)

Tati said...

Cooooool! It seems like it would feel a bit creepy, no?

Tati said...

...And I thought my little sister used a lot of diapers...

I do think it's better you guys are going with a cloth diaper service, because if you weren't, you'd need a bigger trash can for sure.

Myra said...

wow! i have nothing to complain about when Elliot keeps me up for hours with his playing!

Jehan said...

That is crazy! I have never seen anything like it!

Kat the Baker said...

Amen on the cloth diapers! We did it with our firstborn, our twins and our triplets. Just plan to use disposables on long trips. That bucket of dirty diapers on a camping trip didn't work too well.

First Time Father of Triplets said...

Great blog!

I just found your site from the Multiples & More website.

We recently found out that we are expecting triplet boys! We go in for our 20 week / 2nd Trimester appointment tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the tip on the Tidee Didee diaper service, AWESOME! I was worried about the monthly cost of disposable diapers, not to mention the environmental impact! It turns out that we are in their service area too!

Anyway, best wishes to you and your family =)

First Time Father of Triplets

Paul

Janet Pittsenbarger said...

Congrats Paul! Thank you for the kind words : )