Tuesday, August 27, 2013

2yrs + 11mo!

A day early but here it is!
2 years and 11 months old
Our last month as 2 year olds has begun!
Went peach and apple picking : )
iPad time with Tia
I let the boys watch The labyrinth while they "ate" dinner (special occasion),
I am very pleased they liked it since it was my favorite movie growing up and I may have disowned them if they hadn't liked it!
The boys with their Tia and Tio, their visit was much too short!
How do you keep control of 10 boys? You cage them up!
Just kidding!
We had a play date with two other BBB triplets plus a big brother : )
Running wild and free!
They did this for what felt like an hour, it was great seeing them play together : )
Currently the boys favorite meal is Mexican Spaghetti
Caleb ate seconds (they did eat their broccoli too btw, willingly)
So good he licked his hand clean!
Mexican Spaghetti

I ate Mexican spaghetti as a kid but had long forgotten about this meal until my mom made it again for the boys a year or so ago. It was an instant hit and is currently their favorite food. I made it last night and thought to ask my mom where the recipe came from since there is no such thing as authentic Mexican spaghetti. Turns out my mom just invented it! It's a super kid friendly meal so I'll share with you a little family secret in case you've been looking for something super easy to make and hopefully something your kids will actually eat too : )

Ingredients (I pretty much just eyeball everything so take this as approximate measurements and feel free to tweak it as you like)

16oz (1LB) package of spaghetti cooked however you like
5-8 cloves of garlic, finely minced (maybe adds up to 2-3 tablespoons)
2-3 tablespoons Butter
2 16-oz cans Tomato Sauce
1/4-1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 of a medium sized onion, slice it very thinly so it looks like spaghetti (most of the time my boys don't even notice it and eat it right up!)
Cotija Mexican cheese (It's a salty and dry cheese, you can pretty much find it in any major grocery store), chop it up or crumble it up with your fingers

-Add Butter, garlic, and onions to the pot (medium heat) and saute until the onions are soft and transparent. -Add tomato sauce and start adding the sour cream a spoonful at a time until the right color appears (you want it to look a little pink and taste creamy).
-Add spaghetti and mix
-Sprinkle Cotija cheese on top and enjoy!

I believe we'd sometimes eat it with garlic bread too but I usually don't go through the trouble since it's already a carb heavy meal : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

near the terrifying two years! haha just kidding :)