Monday, July 23, 2012

Thomas the Parrot

 C and T in the back, E in front

 Caleb surprised me when he went down the slide on his belly head first! So scary to watch my baby do this!

Thomas has recently gotten very attached to his girafa : )

 E

 T

 CET

The boys took care of grocery shopping for me this week!

ECT hanging on the stoop

 Without any encouragement the boys all started hugging each other : )


 so sweet! wish we could have gotten this pic at a better angle : (


 Phil and I were in heaven as this all unfolded before our own eyes, so much LOVE!!!

E and pops

Thomas the Parrot

Updates

As you may have guessed from the title of this post, Thomas is talking! Quite literally this Thursday he started repeating anything I ask him to. On Sunday I took him shopping with me and it was a great idea because I was able to see the depth of what he is capable of. I got Thomas to say the name of everything he pointed at. We counted from 1 to 5 and I got him to say a two word phrase (all done), whether in Spanish or English he said it! I was most worried about Thomas but now he's far in the lead with speaking. I'd say Eli's pronunciation is better but it's probably because he's more choosy about what he wants to repeat. At first I could get Eli to repeat a lot but he's kind of shut that down for now but at least I know he can but just doesn't want to. Even though, Eli and Caleb continue to make steady progress with one or two new words every week but it's nothing like I've just seen with Thomas! Hoping this happens with the other two soon : )

2 comments:

Jonalyn said...

Aww, such sweet pics! I love when kids start picking up words like crazy. I thought for sure Molly would never go beyond calling *everything* "papa". Also she called both mom and dad "Mama". But when they finally get it, it's soooo cool to watch!

nan cee said...

Since I have been in Arizona for two weeks I had a lot of catching up to do on your blog. Love the Triplet Dance and the playing in the water. It is amazing how much the boys are changing from month to month. Your posting are much appreciated.
My love to you all,
A. Nancy