Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oh Crap moment #1

The boy's Aunt Janet took these pics...
Thomas

Caleb

Eli

Eli

This is why Caleb almost always gets his own swing

Thomas
Oh Crap moment #1

I have a feeling there will be plenty more to come : )

So the boys spend their playtime in the living room where I have a super yard (baby prison) set up around the couch. When I get tired of the boys pounding on me and pulling my clothes I sit on the couch were all they can grab at is my legs. So a few days ago I left the room to go pee, I was gone approx. 1.5minutes. Upon returning I had an 'OH CRAP!' moment. I ran as quickly as I could when I saw Caleb walking the length of the couch with the remote control in one hand and my cell phone in the other as happy as can be. So now they can get onto my sanctuary 'the baby free zone.'

From 2 naps to 1 nap WHEN!?

Thankfully the boys have always been very easy going and have never given us too much trouble. By far the most frustrating thing for me and I'm sure to other parents as well is babies not sleeping when they are 'supposed' to. Many times I remember being completely frustrated and asking "why aren't you still sleeping" or "why don't you fall asleep?" Then I'd realize that the babies are growing up and don't need as much sleep as they used to. Babies do that to you, just when you think you are getting the hang of things they go and change it! They are constantly changing their napping, playing, and eating habits. And here I am always a step behind trying to figure out what's going on and what the heck to do. You'd think I'd learn by now.

This has been going on for two months now, it's by far the longest 'transition' phase we have gone through. Going from two naps a day to one nap a day. As usual I had no trouble with Caleb, he takes a 2-3hr nap everyday at 10:30am and is done for the day. The other two get so cranky and tired around 10am but when I put them down for a nap they only sleep for 30-45min tops. I try to keep them up as long as possible hoping they will get really tired and sleep longer but that only slightly lengthens their nap. Then of course they need an afternoon nap around 4 or 5pm. NOT GOOD, for three reasons. First, sometimes they sleep too long or need that 2nd nap too late in the day and are up till 9pm at night. Second, I only get 30min a day without someone being awake and can't get anything done! I like to at least eat my second breakfast and sweep the babies play area and most days I get half way through eating and someone wakes up. Third, for what ever reason when they wake up from their second nap they are SUPER cranky and clingy. One day all three needed a second nap and all happened to wake up at the same time. All wanted me to hold them and be the only one held! So I don't get to brag anymore that I've never been all alone with all three crying at once : ( I tried holding all three but that just seemed to make things worse. Oh well, we survived. I also realized that three babies crying at once isn't much worse than two crying at once (which has happened to me often) just a little louder.

You can't hardly throw a stick in Oregon without hitting a waterfall : )

The latest

The leaves are changing color and the air is brisk, nothing beats summer but I so do love sweater weather! So we had Aunt Janet come for a surprise last minute visit. We had so much fun and got to do the boys 1 year photo shoot. Pictures soon to come....

1 comment:

Jonalyn said...

I hope they all get the hang of one nap a day soon, for sanity's sake! And I cannot believe you've gone this long without ever having all 3 crying at once! You were due. :)